The Black and Decker electric mower uses an electric cord for power (unlike other electric mowers that use a battery). The webpage for the mower notes that the farthest point in your yard that you will need to mow should not be more than 100' from the electrical outlet.
From the Amazon page for the MM1800 :
- Instant-starting electric mower with rear bag
- Fast, precise cutting--12-amp motor and improved blade design
- 18" 3-in-1 deck: mulching; bagging, and discharging (optional)
- 1-touch height adjustment
- Folds down for easy, compact storage
- Produces zero emissions (Mapawatt Note: This obviously doesnt count the emissions from your electric supplier..unless you power it with your solar PV system)